Website and App traffic
When you browse our websites, we automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use or the website from which you linked to our website.
You cannot be identified from this information, rather it will only be used to assist us in providing a more effective service on our website:
For example, enabling us to assess which parts of the website are most popular and make sure that our website meets the needs of many diverse visitors.
Contacting us and your details
When you use our website, you may choose to contact us by sending an email using the 'Contact Us' page found in each section.
We will use your email address to respond to your query, and we will also keep a note of your query to help us improve our service.
Links to other sites
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any sites that we link to, and inclusion of the link does not indicate particular endorsement of the site or organisation.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information from them.
Reasonable steps have been taken to protect the website by the use of anti-virus software but we make no representation that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
We will not be liable for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website. We do not accept any liability for any losses or damages caused by or through accessing our website.
We will deal with any personal information that you provide to us when you use our website and apps in accordance with the provisions of UK and EU data protection laws.
How we collect your information:
We collect the personal information (eg, name, address) you provide when you apply to us for any of our products and services and which is provided by you from time to time.
We will also collect information about you when you register to use the services provided on this website. Active Cycling Projects Ltd does not collect 'Sensitive Data' as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In order to carry out our business and objectives and to provide the services to which our customers order or subscribe to, and fulfil our legal obligations we process data under the following legal grounds:
· legitimate interest
· legal obligation
How we use the information we collect
The information will be included within our database system and maintained within paper files where appropriate. The information will be used for a number of purposes which are outlined here:
· to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested
· to process payment and verify financial transactions
· to record any contact we have with you to help us ensure we provide you with the most appropriate communications
· to notify you of changes to our policies
· to check on your preference from time to time to endure they are up to date
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
· from time to time we may use external data source to increase or enhance the information we hold about you. Further details can be found in the 'How do you work with third parties in processing my data?' section below.
How do you work with third parties in processing my data?
Certain third party organisations collect data on our behalf as well as for their own use. We may receive your personal data from third party organisations for our own marketing purposes where you have consented for this information to be shared. These organisations will have their own data protection and privacy policies which you should be aware of before signing up.
We may also use other companies to provide services and process your personal data on our behalf, including delivering postal mail, sending emails, processing credit card and Direct Debit payments. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the specific service and we ensure that your data is treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
We also, through some of the services we provide on behalf of client organisations may share your personal information with these organisations. Will obtain your consent prior to sharing such data.
We may also disclose or use personal information if required to do so by law and may use external data for the purposes of fraud prevention, for example to comply with money laundering regulations, or otherwise to protect the rights, property or safety of individuals.
Keeping your information safe
We are fully committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. This is what you can expect from us when you choose to share your details with us.
· To be clear about why we need to collect your personal information and what we are going to use it for
· To make it easy for you to tell us how you would like us to keep in touch
· To only collect the information we need to make sure we deliver the best service
· We will never sell your personal information, or let other organisations use it for marketing
· To take good care of your personal information, and make sure it is up to date, safe and secure at all times
· To make sure that any suppliers or partners who carry out work on our behalf meet the same high standards that we adhere to when handling your personal information
· We do not keep information for longer than is necessary and we will take steps to keep it up to date and accurate. Please note that we may retain records for a time after discontinuing our service to you to resolve any subsequent queries and to comply with legislative requirements.
You have certain rights under Data Protection Act in relation to the information we hold about you and these are outlined below:
· The right of access to personal data held on you (Subject Access Request) - please write to Active Cycling Projects Ltd, Wigmore Cottage, Five Oak Green Road, Tonbridge, Kent. TN12 6RJ and please note that a fee will be payable as permitted by the Data Protection Act - currently £10 per person.
· The right, by notice in writing, requiring us to cease, or not begin, processing personal data where processing it is causing or likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress save as provided for by the Data Protection Act.
· The right to require us not to use information about you for the purposes of direct marketing. Direct marketing means the communication by whatever means of any advertising or marketing material which is directed to you.
· The right, by notice in writing, requiring us to ensure that no decision taken by or on our behalf which significantly affects you is based solely on the automated processing of your information for the evaluation, for example, of your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct.